Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cox Plate 2008.

Sherrel and Amanda came down to Melbourne for the Cox Plate over the weekend. I wasn't going to go but few tickets became available at the last possible minute and I decided to attend, despite not owning a suit. Friday night ticket pick-up was followed by late-night shopping, and I thankfully managed to find a suit in time, thanks to Ben and Liz who accompanied me in my suit-hunting quest. So on Saturday October 25, Sherrel, Amanda, Ben, Alex and I attended the Cox Plate to drink some champagne, bet on some horses, and have some fun. Needless to say, we all looked nice and beautiful.


Sherrel and Amanda on the train.

The boys on the way to the races.

Waiting for the Craigieburn train.

"ooh?"

"Blegh"

Heathmachine looking slick in his suit and sunnies.

Ben showing off his suit-look.

The threesome...

The marquee grounds.

Marquee grounds contd.

Sherrel and me.

Craig, the organizer of our marquee. He went through bit of a trouble organizing the whole thing after another organizer girl pulled out. He managed to organize our tickets after some people pulled out and everything was good in the end. Also his jacket is pimpin'.

Sherrel and Amanda with their (hopefully) winning tickets.

Ben with his tickets.

Sherrel, Ben and Amanda. Sherrel, once again, has two drinks in her hands.

I put $10 on Samantha Miss to win. Straight to glue factory for you, Samantha!
Face-off.
We were actually all on the phone to someone. Unfortunately, I was on the phone to Golden.
Shoes-photo.
Alex, Ben and me.
It was my first time to the races and it was heaps of fun. Now that I've finally sold my soul to the devil and suited up, I'll be looking to attend more of these in the future.

Sherrel and Amanda.

No comments: